Friday, January 14, 2011

Living AND LAUGHING Sacrifices, etc. Gen. 22

Thursday, Jan.13, Genesis 22:6 (NIV84) Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac (laughter)...

AM Post #1. In this I see ahead to God putting the wooden cross on his son Jesus, connecting Jesus to the sacrifice of Isaac (whose name means "laughter"). Jesus also tells us to take up OUR cross daily. Through Jesus and whatever cross we bear, WE are connected to "laughter." I know I am to be a LIVING sacrifice (Rom 12:1-2), but didn't realize until now that I'm also to be a LAUGHING sacrifice! We will have the Last Laugh!

At lunchtime, our family called my dad and sang Happy Birthday to him. It was a quick opportunity to laugh along with my father and his grandchildren...

In the afternoon, I stopped in at MARHAR Snowboards in Grandville. Josh and Nate fixed the de-lamination on my son Ezra's broken board. Josh showed me their top-secret, hand built process featuring durable bamboo wood cores.

In the Big Blue, on the way to ski club, we read the One Book/One Body chapter of the day where I ask every rider to select a word or phrase from the text. Because of my earlier post and visit to MARHAR, I chose the word "wood."

PM Post #2. Living and Laughing Sacrifices, Pt.2
I tried snowboarding again last night at ski club and had a lot of fun. At the end of the night I threw my board across my shoulders and headed back to the Big Blue. I was laughing because of the fun I'd had and it made me think of my earlier post about being a living AND LAUGHING sacrifice. Suddenly I noticed my shadow. With my snowboard across my shoulders my shadow was in the shape of a cross. Whoa. Goose bumps. Thanks for "taking the wood upon you" Jesus. And thanks for reminding me to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment